I'm extremely excited about the potential ChatterPix Kids holds for students as they can use it to respond to learning in a quick and engaging way. Here is the basic process for ChatterPix Kids:
- Take a picture
- Draw a line for the mouth on the object
- Record your voice for up to 30 seconds
- Add stickers if necessary
- Save to the camera roll
In reality, we are looking at a project that shouldn't take much more than five minutes to complete. I bet the kids will enjoy using it!
Here is an overview of the whole app: :
Here is the final product using the app to report the author's purpose for Tough Cookie:
There are lots of ways this application could be used, but here are a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Take a picture of an object an add adjectives to describe it.
- Take a picture of geometric shape and have the shape give its attributes.
- Take a picture of a character in a book and have them introduce him/herself.
- Take a picture of book and give a recommendation.
- Get a picture of the author of book and have the author share the author's message.
- Take a picture of a book and share the genre of the book and why.
- Make figurative language come to life. Use a picture to share personification/idioms/similies/metaphors as if they were taking literally.
Let me know your ideas here on this blog! I'd love to have some comments so that all can benefit from your thoughts.